The Change.org Foundation is looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Latinamerica to help scale our Payment Platform globally and support our country teams with creative, rapid-response solutions.
The Change.org Foundation empowers millions of people to use technology to build social movements and create transformational change. With staff teams in 10 countries, 95 million users, a growing base of user-generated revenue, and thousands of campaign victories every year, our model is a proven engine for social change and citizen leadership, with incredible potential to grow.
We’re growing quickly, and our users win campaigns for change once every hour. From strengthening hate crime legislation in South Africa; fighting corruption in Indonesia, Italy, and Brazil; to fighting violence against women in India.
Today, we have 10 offices around the world working to enable local changes. As we grow and expand our operations, we continue to look for ways to support each country team’s specific, local needs. For example, the exciting challenge of scaling our Payment Platform globally – that means dealing with local payment methods & payment providers.
A Senior Software Engineer at Change.org Foundation is someone who can work effectively at scale, manages their own priorities and makes appropriate progress with minimal supervision. Typically, Senior Software Engineers have 4-5 years of relevant engineering experience beyond coding such as monitoring, integration testing and production support.
This is a full time position open to anyone based in Latin America. However, priority will be given to candidates residing in cities where Change.org Foundation has an office: Argentina, Brazil, Colombia & Mexico.
Key responsibilities and outcomes:
- Support on-demand requests from Foundation country teams
- Feature delivery - work with different technologies, languages and frameworks in all layers of the web stack, from front-end to back-end to infrastructure as code
- Integrate our global Payment Platform with local payment gateways to address local markets
- Build a global and seamless user experience for all countries
- Ensure availability and reliability of our services in production
- Work in an agile development environment (Kanban, iterative development, short release cycles)
- Drive best engineering practices
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy
- Code, Test, Review, Deploy!
- 4-5 years of relevant engineering experience
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal in English are a must
- Able to collaborate productively across time zone differences
- Experience as a tech lead
- Experience in leading, designing and building scalable and distributed systems
- Confident and self-sufficient with different technologies, languages and frameworks in all layers of the webstack, from frontend to backend to database including React, Node.JS, Ruby/Rails, Elixir, PHP & AWS
- Knowledge of Payment gateways such as Stripe, Paypal & dLocal
- Experience with Agile methodologies and fast development cycles
Nice to haves, experience with:
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)