We are looking for an experienced Digital Marketing Consultant on social media strategy to work with us for 6 months at the Change.org Foundation from March 2021. The consultant will be based remotely, anywhere in the world with a strong internet connection. We will not be working from any of our physical offices until at least mid-2021 due to covid-19.
The Change.org Foundation empowers millions of people to use technology to build social movements and create transformational change. With staff teams in 11 countries and growing, 95 million users, a growing base of user-generated revenue, and thousands of campaign victories every year, our model is a proven engine for social change and citizen leadership, with incredible potential to grow.
We are interested in improving how we communicate our impact and the power of collective action, through the stories of our petition starters and their campaigns. We would like to grow our teams’ expertise in communicating this impact and in leveraging the right tools to make it happen.
About the consultancy
Time frame: 6 months starting March 29, 2021
Deadline for application: March 7, 2021
We want more people to believe in the power of collective action. To do that, we aim to equip our teams with the strategic mindset, skills, and knowledge that will help them leverage their social media platforms to drive impact for the campaigns they support.
This consultant will work primarily with our country campaigners and social media managers from Asia, Europe, and Latin America to give advice on how they can build and evaluate a robust, impact-driven social media strategy. They will also build best practices through these projects, which will be available to staff members.
Here’s what you will do as a consultant:
- Support our teams in planning and evaluating their social media strategies
- Produce an internal digital marketing toolkit and series of training on the principles and practices of building an impact-driven social media strategy
- Co-lead and moderate an internal community of social media leads in Change.org to enhance a culture of learning and exchange of expertise and best practices across countries
- Embed with Change.org Foundation teams and help them write up their learnings and best practices in social media management (all produced content will be in English)
- Provide input and recommendations for strengthening our global social media presence in line with our global communications strategy
An ideal proposal will be from an individual who:
- Has at least five years experience in social media strategy and community management and can prove results
- Has a thorough understanding of the latest digital trends and tools, understands how social media marketing generates synergies with other communication channels (PR, media, etc), and has a fair share of successes and failures to learn from
- Knowledgeable in social listening strategies
- Understands the Change.org platform, the Change.org Foundation, how issue-based online campaigning works, and is interested in how social movements intersect with technology and online communication platforms
- Have experience in embedding with teams to learn, evaluate and iterate in a fast and flexible way
- Has an independent and organized way of working and has previous experience working remotely across cultures, time zones, and shifting priorities to deliver high-quality outputs
- Has strong rapport-building skills, especially across diverse cultures
- Is fluent in both verbal and written English, so you can collaborate with our teams from around the world and write up what you learn
This consultancy will start on the 29th of March and will run for six months. We expect this role to embed with Change.org Foundation country teams for an equivalent of 4 days per week.
Change.org values diversity and is committed to being an inclusive workplace. We especially encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
We know that it is not common for applicants to meet every single experience/skillset requirements. If you feel that you might be missing one or two of the skill sets listed above, please apply anyway! If interested, send your CV and cover letter (telling us why you are the best fit for this role) to Mary Imbong, Impact & Learning Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We’re working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We hope you’ll join us.
The Change.org Foundation is registered as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit in the US and is able to process invoices from contractors worldwide.
Deadline for applications: March 7, 2021