Thanks for visiting our site! Below you can find some helpful information about the handling of your data in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The entity responsible for the processing of your personal data that is obtained when you visit this website is:
The Change.org Charitable Foundation
548 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
1. What information will we collect from you?
You should be aware that there are different ways to collect personal data:
a) The data you provide directly to us.
We collect information about you when you contact us through the channels provided for this purpose, such as the contact form, or when you sign up to receive our newsletter.
Below we have detailed the information we may collect about you, based on your activities on the platform, as well as how we obtain such information.
|What we collect||How we collect it|
|Your name, surname and email address.Optionally we can also collect your city, country or phone number.||We ask that you provide this information when you sign up to receive our newsletter.|
|Your name, surname and email address.Optionally we can also collect your city, country or phone number.||We ask that you provide this information when you contact us through the contact form or contact email|
|Any other information you voluntarily submit.||You may be offered the option of providing us with additional information. For example, we may collect information if we assist you by phone or email. You do not need to provide such information to use the service.|
Our services are not directed to persons under the age of sixteen (16) and we do not voluntarily collect personal information from such persons.
Likewise, by clicking on the “I accept” (or equivalent) button incorporated in the aforementioned forms, you declare that the information and data you have provided are accurate and truthful.
b) Data obtained indirectly.
When you browse, different cookies and other tracking devices may be installed on your device, as explained in our Cookies Policy.
|What we collect||How we collect it|
|The unique identification number of your mobile device if you access our services through a mobile application||When you download and use mobile applications that we develop, we collect your unique device identification and all of your account and activity information is linked to that unique device identification. In addition, we may track and collect data about application usage, such as the date and time the application installed on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the application. This information may be associated with your account.|
|The name of the browser you use to access Change.org Foundation||Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as the media access control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version you are using. Collecting this information helps us build and deliver the best possible version of Change.org Foundation to you.|
2. How will we use your personal information and what services will we provide you?
These are the ways in which we may use your information to operate our platform, offer our services and serve you better content.
- Based on the management of the contractual or precontractual relationship:
|Provision of the functionality of our Website. We carry out these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you.||To send you administrative information, for example, information about our services and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.To ensure that our website and applications are working correctly and are optimized for your computer or device, as well as to store your preferences and configuration settings. To provide you with the services you have requested and to attend to your requests for information, as well as to facilitate the exercise of your rights.|
|To meet your specific requests through the Website. We carry out these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you.||To facilitate the functionality of sharing social network content that you choose to use, such as sharing content and requests through Change.org Foundation and networks such as Facebook and Twitter.|
- On the basis of the explicit, free and unequivocal consent that you give us at the time of collecting your data:
|To share marketing communications that we think you might be interested in. We carry out this activity with your consent.||To keep you informed about the events and activities carried out by Change.org Foundation, by conventional and/or electronic means (e-mails, SMS, …), related to the products or services that we carry out and that may be of your interest.|
|To share marketing communications that we think you might be interested in. We carry out this activity with your consent.||To keep you informed about updates regarding the events and campaigns supported by Change.org PBC and other entities associated with Change.org Foundation: Res Non Verba (Argentina), Change.org Brasil (Brazil), Change.org e.V. (Germany), Create Change Foundation (India), Perkumpulan Gerakan Digital Bangsa (Indonesia), Change.org Japan (Japan), Change.org Latinoamerica A.C. (Mexico).|
3. Data transfers and international transfers.
All transfers of personal data that we carry out are necessary for the fulfilment of the above-mentioned purposes, or are made in order to fulfil a legal obligation:
- To public administrations and the administration of justice, and to law enforcement agencies in compliance with the legal obligations applicable to us.
- Companies providing payment services (payment gateways as Paypal), in case the customer makes a payment through the service offered by one of these companies.
- Companies providing IT services, tools or IT infrastructure on which the services provided by Change.org Foundation are based, such as hosting providers, IT infrastructure providers, CRMs, emailing service companies, etc.
In this regard, we inform you that any transfer will be made taking into account all the necessary legal safeguards. We also guarantee that we sign specific contracts with all our service providers as established by the regulations. The service providers process the data exclusively on our instructions and are obliged to comply with the applicable data protection regulations. All processors have been carefully selected and only receive access to your data to the extent and for the period required to provide the services.
The servers of some of the service providers we use are located in the USA and other countries outside the European Union. Companies in these countries are subject to a data protection act that generally does not protect personal data to the same extent as is the case in the member states of the European Union. If your data is processed in a country that does not have a recognized high level of data protection like the European Union, we use contractual regulations or other recognized instruments to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected. We conclude the data protection agreement (standard data protection clauses) provided by the Commission of the European Union for the processing of personal data in third countries with service providers in third countries. This provides suitable guarantees for the protection of your data with service providers in third countries. Insofar as we have agreed the standard data protection clauses with service providers, you can request a copy of this data protection contract using the contact details given above.
You may voluntarily share information on message boards, chats, profile pages and blogs, and other services where you can post information and materials (including Change.org Foundation pages on Facebook and other social networks). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to other Change.org Foundation users, social network users, and the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose any information about yourself through the social networking features of our platform.
4. Exercising your rights.
We inform you that you will be able to exercise the following rights:
- Rights of access to your personal data to know which ones are being processed and the processing operations carried out with them.
- Right to rectify any inaccurate personal data.
- Right to delete your personal data, where possible.
- Right to request limitation of the processing of your personal data when the accuracy, legality or necessity of the data processing is in doubt, in which case, we may retain the data for exercise or defence of claims.
- Where applicable, Right to object to automated decision making, including profiling.
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data when the legal basis that enables us to process them is the legitimate interest.
- Right to the portability of your data, when the legal basis that enables us to process them is the existence of a contractual relationship or your consent.
- Right to revoke the consent granted to Change.org Foundation.
You can exercise your rights at any time and for free in the following ways:
1. By sending an e-mail to email@example.com indicating the right you wish to exercise and your identification data.
2. By sending a written request to the address indicated above indicating the right you wish to exercise and your personal data.
3. In addition, when you receive any communication from us, by clicking on the unsubscribe section that will contain that communication, you can unsubscribe from all previously accepted commercial communications.
We also inform you that you have the right to file a complaint at the correspondent Supervisory Authority, if you believe that we have breached the applicable data protection legislation regarding the processing of your personal data.
5. Retention periods and Cookies.
We will only keep your data for as long as necessary to provide you with these services. Any of the data you provide us through the channels will be blocked as long as they are no longer necessary to manage the service and will only be available if there is a legal obligation (derived from a request from the appropriate authorities) and when you exercise your rights.
6. Security and confidentiality.
We are dedicated to the security of your information. In order to prevent unauthorized access or unauthorized disclosure of personal data, we have undertaken appropriate technical and physical measures and management processes to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.